Sunday, April 10, 2011

I miss my old school

I'm just a mess right now. I've completed some of my assignments and as I surfed through the internet, I found pictures of my old high school. It brought tears to my eyes.

It has been 5 years since I left town and studied in the university. Well, I do come back occasionally but, things had never been the same.

My best friends during high school, we didn't have anything to talk about. She'd mention names that I don't recognize and tell me stories about them. Her story seems so wonderful. My time with my classmates stopped after we graduated, when we were 17. I was among the lucky students, who were a little bit above average and got into a good university. In my class, there were only 3 students that were accepted into a university. 2 of my ex classmate got into a community collage. The other 25 students stayed behind and continued their studies in the lower and upper six, enabling them to spend two more years together.

I saw all their pictures in their Facebooks and blogs and you know I'd be lying if I didn't say, I wish I was there among one of them, even if in the picture, only half of my face seen, the other half is covered by a friend's hand doing a peace sign. Oh how I wish I could turn back time, but I know, even if turn the hands of time, I would still choose to go to a university.

I miss them. I miss the environment. I miss the smell of freshly cut grass, on a hot sunny day, when I'm about to have my physical education class. I miss talking like stupid with my friend, whistling seniors who are a few years older than I am. Saying "oooo... it's the cute guy," and I'm standing behind the cute guy's back with my best friend. Of course those are the things I can't do anymore and never will. I miss my teacher... well.. some of them.

My English teacher. I think he doesn't like me. I was always a troublesome during class. He can't hate me because I was the top in my class in English. English was my fort when I was in high school. My Math teacher. There were countless of times when your nagged us (me and the bunch of the lazy boys) and told us to stand outside when we didn't brought our exercise books. Those books were never accidentally forgotten. We were too lazy to do the homework, so we left it at home. Haha.. then, when the semester was ending, and the teacher wanted to grade us according to the finished exercise, I was one of those people who ran to the 'genius students' class to borrow their math books. Aaaa... good time.

I wonder if the "Marcia was here, 30/03/2005. 9.08 am" is still there, on the wall outside the classroom.

My class was never good in Mathematics. No, not Mathematics only but Basic Economics as well. Anything that has to do with calculation. We suck in such subjects. The passing grade is 40 marks. The highest I ever got was 32 in mathematics. The lowest was... well.. 12 marks out of 100. Haha... For 2 years, no one passed the 40 marks line. Then, only 2 months before SPM, we went through a Mathematic training. The teacher taught us which question that was likely to be asked and how to answer those specific questions. We all improved tremendously. Everyone got 30 marks and some even got 50 marks out of 100. Everyone was didn't believe it. :D

During History class, I used to sneak out with a guy friend and went to find some food at the canteen. Oh how we hated, Malay Literature class. It was so hard. Anyone who couldn't answer the question has to stand. Then, stood on the chair and finally, stand on their table. Remember how the teacher turned off the ceiling fan so the blades won't hit our head? Haha.. good times.

I miss those days and I do want to relive it. The best I can do now is to wait for reunion and hope that everyone will turn up. I miss you, class of 5B 2005!

Motto of the school: Maju terus maju. Sting Marudian Sting!

A teacher used this quote everytime he made his speech. "Anda kreatif, anda berjaya." Means that "You're creative, you'll succeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment